I’ve made this meatloaf 3 times this month. I’m eating it like it’s a meat cake. I just love it.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped orange pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cup Worcestershire
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a small pan sauté the onion, and garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, including cooled onion mixture, except the meat.
- When the mixture is well blended add the meat by hand but do not overwork it.
- Place on baking sheet and shape into a 9 by 5-inch loaf.
- Bake for about an hour or until the center reaches 160° F.
- Let rest 10 minutes.